Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
currently not in stock
Delivery time / availability on request
- Order number: 000700
The new Steinert® VGM300 hand lathe is an essential for our three heavy machines VB36, Gamma and Maximo.
The wishes and experiences of turners who are looking for particularly solid and long-lasting turning technology made in Germany, have been incorporated into the development of this machine.
A massive, torsion-resistant cast bench bed serves as the base frame, which has already proven itself in numerous machines from the Gamma series and is also used in our large CNC lathes. The machine's electronics are located in the left foot, protected from dust. The right foot can be filled with sand at the designated parking space in order to further improve stability. The tailstock and palm rest also come from the Gamma range.
For the headstock, we rely on the proven design of our high-end Maximo machine. The wide bearing spacing and a stabilising sleeve between the bearings can easily withstand high rotational forces. Additional screw connections of the headstock and bench bed guarantee an extraordinary overall stability of the drive unit. Nevertheless, the headstock can be rotated 360 ° and moved along the entire bed.
The VGM300 has a bayonet connection for holding chucks, as is also used on the VB36 head lathe. This guarantees that the extremely robust overall construction continues until the tool engages the workpiece.
Technical data (subject to technical changes) :
- Centre height: 300mm
- Distance between centres: 1100mm (larger centre widths optionally possible)
- Headstock: cast iron, 360 ° rotatable with centering plates, movable, additional screw connection on bench bed
- Spindle: reinforced double hollow spindle with 18mm bore, double pre-tensioned angular contact ball bearings on the working side, ball bearings on the rear, additional back bearing
- Mounting: VB36 bayonet flange Ø 100mm, inner cone MK3
- Power transmission: 3-stage poly-V belt drive with 12 grooves, width 28mm
- Tailstock: cast iron, quill stroke 120mm, inner cone MT3
- Hand rest rail: cast iron, width 425mm, shaft 40mm
- Motor: 2.2 kW, 400v; 50 Hz
- Mains connection: 400v, 50 Hz
- Control: infinitely variable in 3 ranges from 70 to 3600rpm, right-left rotation, switchable start-up and braking times
- Control panel: mobile control unit with holding magnets
- Weight: 400kg
- L x W x H: 1950 x 600 x 1250mm
Customer opinion : "It is your own fault if you don't buy this machine. I have tested the machine extensively and I am very satisfied with it. The engine's pulling power is very good, as is the smoothness. When working you can feel the vibrations under your feet, but I'm sure it has to do with my screed. Maybe I'll take out the screed floor and pour one (two) concrete plinth on which the machine will stand. "